Monday, July 25, 2011

Swim!

Since there is a pool at Bryan's apartment we decided it would be worth it to try and teach Henry to swim this summer. The last two summers were spent playing at Nana's pool and he was always doing well by the end of the summer- never actually swimming alone, but comfortable in the water and with his abilities.

This year we noticed that he was a little more afraid of the water and the pool in general. He wanted someone to hold him the entire time he was in the pool- making it difficult for me to take the kids alone. After some research we found the Puddle Jumper at a local sporting store and snatched one up. Henry picked the color he wanted and we came home to try it out! He couldn't wait.

Bryan took him down to the pool after work, and although I was able to catch this photo, I am told it took him nearly 45 minutes to leave the steps. It's ok. Small steps. Right?

 He was so proud of himself, he kept saying, "Look at me mommy! I can swim now!"

 Once he was comfortable in the new life vest I was able to take him to the pool with sister in tow. They have been having such a fun time swimming here. We think that we will enroll them both in swim lessons for the fall and winter months, we don't want to lose any ground this year!

 Of course, sister loves the pool too. She likes to go underwater, she likes to jump in off the side. But mostly, she likes daddy (she says "daaaay") to swim with her. It is pretty amazing to me, Henry NEVER liked jumping in or going underwater.

 Love her little smocked swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

My Followers


Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Amy Teets
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.