Thursday, August 11, 2011

Change of Plans

Living in an apartment, in a new city, with only one car, and NONE of our stuff has proved to be difficult on most days.

We make plans, and for one reason or another, things seem to change. It's ok. We can be flexible. Sometimes.



Today is a good example of one of those days. Bryan is in San Antonio (or Austin, I can't remember where he went) so I wanted to take the kids to do something fun. Being that the heat index has been in the high 100s, I wanted to do something inside. Bouncy house play yard to the rescue. Right? Wrong.


The kids woke up at 6am this morning. Both. Of. Them. (another fun addition to living in a two bedroom place, the kids share a room so as soon as one is up, both are up! Fantastic) We got up, had breakfast and milks and watched some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. By 8am Liz was falling asleep on my lap. So she had to go down for a nap (NOT IN THE PLANS, grrr). By the time she was back up it was nearly 10:30, a full half hour after I wanted to be at this place. And Henry was ready for lunch. Liz agreed. They sat on the kitchen floor and waited.


And now, here we are, 1:30 in the afternoon. We still haven't left the house and my kids have decided to take a joint "nap" in Lizzie's crib. They are in there with Parker and Woof Woof, watching Little Einsteins*, in Lizzie's pack and play. Together.

Let's hope they don't hurt each other.

*I realize this post makes it seem like my children watch a million hours of tv a day, but they don't. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

My Followers


Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Amy Teets
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.